Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Being True by Jacob Z. Flores



5/5
Being True is about a kid, Tru, who's an outsider never fitting in and believing all the horrible things people say about him. Thinking himself ugly and not worth anything he is more surprised than anyone when the most popular kid in school takes a liking to him. Javi is the star Baseball player and most loved kid in the school even the teachers love him and even though he's happy he's not happy and it isn't until he meets Tru that he starts to figure out what it is he needed.

There's so much I loved about this book first of all the best gal pal shares my name and I just love that :D also Javi is Mexican and I just love to see some diversity in books and hey being that I myself am Mexican bonus! I also grew up in a poor "barrio" like the one Tru and Javi live in so yea I loved seeing all the Mexican culture thrown in.

I just love to read a nice feel good YA book here and there and this is one I really really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment